Supporting our clients map their sustainability journey
We help our clients understand how rapidly accelerating sustainability trends will impact their business – particularly their financial performance, desired impact, reputations, strategic positioning and overall competitiveness.
In Abu Dhabi, a regional leader in sustainability, we supported the integration of sustainability into the strategies of more than two-thirds of the first 15 members of the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group.
Sustainability Excellence has been directly engaged in integrating sustainability into the strategies of more than 50 major companies, government entities, Ministries, Executive Councils, cities, and non-profit organisations. We have also supported the creation and strategies of major multistakeholder initiatives in the region such as the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group, and the Qatar Energy and Industry Sector Sustainability programme that captures and aligns the performance of more than 35 companies in the Qatar energy and industry sector against the Qatar National Vision 2030.
We help our clients understand how rapidly accelerating sustainability trends will impact their business – particularly their financial performance, reputations, strategic positioning and overall competitiveness.
We keep our recommendations simple but compelling. As a starting point, we:
- Develop a sustainability framework that captures an organisation’s sustainability ambitions and approach at a single glance
- Provide a sustainability performance snapshot including proposed key performance indicators and current performance
- Focus on the 3-4 most critical risks and opportunities, and recommend realistic actions that can generate immediate benefits.
Our recommendations are supported by insightful assessments that are informed by:
- Benchmarking against regional peers using the region’s most comprehensive database of sustainability performance, as well as international benchmarking
- Assessments against growing international and regional investor ESG criteria and expectations
- Materiality assessments as defined by the Global Reporting Initiative
- Assessments of readiness to voluntarily adopt the most important global sustainability-related guidelines or standards in a given industry, and/or align to national visions such as the Saudi Vision 2030, or global initiatives such as the Sustainable Development Goals.